Fee Split Commercial Appraiser
Our team is looking for a fully accredited AACI or Candidate Member in the final phase of their designation process to work on a fee split basis. This role will report directly into our Durham headquarters however will work remotely. This individual would work independently completing narrative appraisals on a variety of property types on a based on a full-time workload.
Key duties within the role will include (but are not limited to):
- Valuation and analysis of various types of real estate assets and portfolios in support of various types of engagements including core valuation/appraisals, litigation, due-diligence and transactions.
- Integrate market information to be used in valuation, appraisals, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications.
- Compiling and analyzing relevant company and industry information, originating from a large variety of sources (such as financial statements, industry publications, public disclosures, financial databases, etc.)
- Inspect properties to collect and evaluate construction characteristics, condition, special features, and functional design.
- Interview key stakeholders involved in subject properties to derive data with regards to the subject and the immediate area.
- Research relevant data with regards to land use, potential restrictions and derive an opinion of highest and best value.
- Compare and analyze trends on a micro and macro-economic level and clearly communicate these in a salient manner as they pertain the properties being reviewed.
- Prepare full narrative reports that estimate property values in compliance with the Canadian uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (CUSPAP)
The successful candidate will:
- Be a member in good standing with the AIC, and will have valid professional insurance with up to date CE credit standing.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience completing Narrative Appraisals.
- Be fully accredited AACI or Candidate Member in the final phase of their designation.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable working independently.
- Have the ability to methodically gather and analyse data to arrive at a valuation.
- Possess strong skills in researching and organizing relevant property documentation.
- Have a strong understanding of key real estate value drivers, risks, and opportunities
- Strong computer skills. Advanced knowledge in both Microsoft Word and Excel is a must.
PVCI offers a competitive fee split structure with supporting data onsite to assist in comparable sales reviews as well as transaction details. As part of our support provided the successful candidates reports can and will be reviewed internally, and help formatting our documents will be provided. The successful candidates income is based on a fee split engagement however all assignments are provided by PVCI and they are not responsible for sourcing their own work.
Candidates wherein the decision is made to proceed further will be required to provide a full resume, references, as well as redacted work samples for review.