Property Valuators (PVCI) is a premier Canadian real estate appraisal company providing residential and commercial appraisals for over 45 years to both our individual and institutional clientele.
Our team is looking for a fully accredited CRA to work on either an independent fee split or full-time basis. This role will report directly into our Durham headquarters however has the flexibility to work remotely. The ideal candidate has extensive appraisal review and coaching experience. This individual would work independently reviewing and co-signing residential appraisals on a variety of property types, as well as training and providing ongoing feedback to residential candidates. This role is based on a full-time workload.
Key duties within the role will include (but are not limited to):
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Review residential appraisals for credibility, reasonableness and compliance with the Canadian uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (CUSPAP).
- Review and analyze appraisal reports prepared by external appraisers on residential real estate properties including complex residential properties and appraisal reports.
- Verify that the entire appraisal work-file is complete to CUSPAP and PVCI standards.
- Co-sign on reviewed and verified residential reports.
- Identify and communicate to management, issues or requests for corrections of deficiencies to appraisers.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and regulations affecting real estate appraisers.
- Provide training, guidance and leadership to residential candidates.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a member in good standing with the AIC, and will have valid professional insurance with up to date CE credit standing.
- Be a fully accredited CRA having their designation for a minimum of five years.
- Five or more years of experience completing residential Appraisals.
- Must be acceptable/on approved lists of both Chartered Banks and Secondary Lenders.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable working independently.
- Have the ability to methodically gather and analyse data to arrive at a valuation.
- Possess strong skills in researching and organizing relevant property documentation.
- Have a strong understanding of key real estate value drivers, risks, and opportunities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car to complete full property inspections in all seasons.