Property Valuators (PVCI) is a premier Canadian real estate appraisal company providing residential and commercial appraisals for over 45 years to both our individual and institutional clientele.
Our team is looking for a fully accredited CRA to work on an independent basis. This role will report directly into our Durham headquarters however the expectation is that this individual will work remotely. The ideal candidate will have expensive experience in particular in Rural Residential Properties as well as Estate Homes and Multi-family units. This role is based on a full-time workload.
The Geographic Area of focus for this individual will be based within:
- The Toronto Core,
- Burlington, and
Key duties within the role will include (but are not limited to):
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and regulations affecting real estate appraisers.
- Inspect properties to collect and evaluate construction characteristics, condition, special features, and functional design.
- Interview key stakeholders involved in subject properties to derive data with regards to the subject and the immediate area.
- Maintain continuous status updates with PVCI through our own software as well as maintaining updates with PVCI clientele.
- Research relevant data with regards to land use, potential restrictions and derive an opinion of highest and best value.
- Compare and analyse trends on a micro and macro-economic level and clearly communicate these in a salient manner as they pertain the properties being reviewed and provide a supported opinion of value.
- Prepare form reports that comply with the Canadian uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (CUSPAP)
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be a member in good standing with the AIC, and will have valid professional insurance with up to date CE credit standing.
- Be a fully accredited CRA having their designation for a minimum of one year.
- Three or more years of experience completing residential Appraisals.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be comfortable working independently.
- Have the ability to methodically gather and analyse data to arrive at a valuation.
- Possess strong skills in researching and organizing relevant property documentation.
- Have a strong understanding of key real estate value drivers, risks, and opportunities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car to complete full property inspections in all seasons.